Monday, April 1, 2013

Christophe Côme

Happy April to all.  Well it has been quite the month, and I have to say I'm happy to see the end of March.  I know it has been a while since I posted and thought that a good step back into the blogging world would be through an artist whose work I am currently fascinated with.


Christoph Côme is a Paris based designer who in my opinion is a true craftsman. Working in glass, metal and lavastone, he creates the most incredibly sculptural pieces of furniture and lighting - really more art objects than furnishings.  With a keen eye for design and unique modern takes on form, color and pattern, Côme creates pieces that have the ability to stand alone in any space.  We recently commissioned a piece for a project and I was truly speechless when it was installed. The detailing was perfect, the precision of material was unparalleled and it really is a piece of art.


Triscota Cabinet 2011 - textured iron with grey patina, glass

Sconces - iron with matt nickel, glass

L’onyx chandelier 2008 - iron & onyx

Screen - iron & glass


Tube cabinet - iron, glass rods

Red lava cabinet 2010




All photos courtesy of Christophe Côme


1 comment:

  1. fantastic post! sensational work! just found your blog! wonderful eye!
    have a great day
    Jamie Herzlinger

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...