Monday, October 29, 2012

Inspired By

Hurricanes!  When I was growing up we used to have snow days. Since we moved to New York 18 months ago, we have had two Hurricane days - today being the second.  As I am sure everyone has heard Hurricane Sandy is coming, and so NYC has practically shut down. Since we have basically been given a free day in the city (the subways closed yesterday evening - LOVE the image below) I thought I would share my plan for the day with all of you. I hope all of you in Zone A have a good and safe day.


1. Movies
I am planning on watching lots and lots of movies.  I cannot remember the last time that we just had the day to sit and do nothing and we are planning on taking full advantage of it.  


2. Cozy Socks
I am not sure that this one needs much/any explanation, but I do love the photo.


3. Baking
Last year we bought a Kitchen Aid mixer and it has turned me into a little bit of a lover of baking. I am not very good at it but I do love making Madeleines. They fill the house with a smell of sweet vanilla and are the best just out of the oven. I think that a batch will be in order today.


4. DIY
Not sure whether I will actually get to some DIY, but I do love this paper hurricane lantern, and thought that it was very appropriate...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...