Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Design Advice : Paint Colours


I am so excited about today's post.  A friend that I saw last weekend asked for some advice on a colour to paint the front door of her house. Her door is currently black (image above), and she was thinking red or something like that to bring a pop of colour to the front of the house.  I thought that this would be the perfect time to get my wonderful readers involved and help give them some direction on a paint colour.  Below I have put together three possible options, and while I do love the greeny-blue in the image below there is something to be said about the bright red or yellow, and just giving that colour they are looking for.  One thing to remember is that with this house being in Canada there will be several months of the year where everything is covered in a blanket of snow, so while the current door looks chic and elegant, it will be nice to add some colour to live the facade up a bit. So, this when I turn it over to all of you and see what you think? Do you have a favorite? 



Paint colous courtesy of Benjamin Moore and Farrow & Ball


7 comments:

  1. I like the black!

    But if they are looking for a change, I like the first green/grey. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore all three but am particularly drawn to the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm partial to the black but also really like the BM Hidden Falls as well. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the grandeur of the house means that black looks best. I would add a pop of colour by planting something bright in the planters in front of the door. So easily changed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I like the yellow as well - it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have three great choices! Actually four, because I like the black as well. ;-) What color works best with the interior decor? What reflects the owners personality? Good luck... although, you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the green looks best with the overall feel of the house. . . however I say do something fun and go for the yellow!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...