Friday, June 29, 2012

Furniture Fridays

I am so thrilled to have Igor from Happy Interior Blog with us today to share his favorite piece (note: it is one of mine too!!).  Currently based in Munich, Germany, Igor has lived and explored much of Europe and has a truly refreshing and bright outlook on design and the aesthetic of the world around him.  His posts are thoughtful, informative and full of inspiration.  Thank you so much for taking part in Furniture Fridays with us and Welcome!


When it comes to defining my own interior style I do have a hard time to narrow it down into a few clear sentences. I am way too much the 'mix & match' kind of guy. I have very simple lines at home, I like urban monochromatic approaches, I tend to add some vivid pops of colours through textiles and little decoration elements, I love quirky illustrations and ethnic inspired pieces. And all this I love to match with one or two beautiful design classics.

For a long time there's been one mid-century classic on my wish list: the Saarinen Tulip table. One day I would really love to own one of these. I would go for the plain, white one and depending on my budget I'd opt for the dining table version for a breakfast nook or the smaller sidetable for a reading nook. What I love about Saarinen's Tulip table is the fact that it features a very simple yet sophisticated design that is so peculiar and immediately recognized as a design classic. Ever since its debut in 1956, the Saarinen collection of dining and low tables is as popular as ever. 

And in order to reach a maximum of interior design ecstasy, I would combine the Saarinen Tulip dining table with some timeless Eames DSW chairs in various colours. Ok, now I got myself dreaming away!



Photo credits: 1, 2, 3


3 comments:

  1. I love the classic too Igor one of my very favorites,and I love the fact that you can mix it with many different style chairs and it always remains beautiful! Great furniture choice!
    http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me over, Anna!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I missed Igor's FF post! The Tulip table is such a great piece :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...