Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rainproof

It is raining here. Actually it has been grey and rainy here for the past week. Makes me feel like I am back in the UK (all you in England don't take that personally, however I have noticed how much more sun the rest of the world gets than London).  A couple of weeks ago I was so sure that it was spring I was getting all excited for time spent outdoors, picnics and hot weather.  Oh well I guess our April showers for May flowers is a few weeks delayed.  Anyway, with this being said I think that the bad weather is a perfect excuse to talk about outdoor furniture and my latest love - the Le Corbusier Outdoor collection from Cassina. Okay okay, I know what some of your are thinking (and I know that my husband is one of you), that Le Maitre would turn over in his grave if he knew, but I am not so sure. Cassina have taken some of the iconic LC pieces and made the cushions, fabric and metal tubing suitable for outdoor.  Who said outdoor furniture needed to look utilitarian and clunky? Well not anymore.  I have always loved this collection for indoors (we have an LC4 lounge chair and it is our prize possession) and now cannot wait to have a space where we can have it outdoors too.  Each piece still carries the signature and mark of authenticity and is available through Cassina or DWR. One of the things that I love most about this collection is the catalogue - see below for some images. Now that's what I call design!




Photos courtesy of Cassina

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe that's outdoor furniture. Really??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...that's what I thought too, but it's true!!

      Delete
  2. Two things on the rainy weather in NYC: first, I was lucky when I was there last week as it was sunny the entire time. And two, I think Vancouver is just as or even rainier than London! We just had three days of sun in a row which is the longest stretch we've had for 10 months...

    Love the outdoor furniture. Coincidentally I just ordered some for our deck this afternoon - some wicker but stylish too. I need some other pieces and will check out DWR - I hadn't thought of them for outdoor items. You know how it is - don't want it too matchy matchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the sun seems to be shining again today which is great. I really feel that I am affected by the weather so would find it hard going back to a wet grey climate. With this being said Vancouver has so many amazing things going for it that it makes the grey weather tolerable - or not?!
      I hear you on the matchy matchy thing. The goal is to look great and have the pieces work well together but not to look like it was bough out of a catalogue. Good luck!!

      Delete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...