Sunday, May 6, 2012

Quintessentially Aspen


A few weeks ago I did some travelling for work and found myself in Aspen Colorado for about 24 hours to attend a site meeting.  I have never been to Aspen and so although I knew that it was going to be a quick trip I was looking forward to it.  As some of you are aware, it is the off-season there now - the ski season was coming to an end, and it wasn't warm enough for biking and hiking quite yet - and so the town kind of takes a break while nobody is really around.  This also means that for those of us who do need to stay in town the hotels available are limited.  Fortunately the one hotel that was open was the newly renovated St. Regis Aspen, and what a treat.  I was upgraded (always lovely) and my room was stunning. Simple detailing and natural materials helped to make the decor current and relevant to its surroundings. The bathroom was clad in Carrara marble with a beautiful freestanding tub and the room was warm and just what you would expect and want from a luxury hotel in the middle of the mountains. The public spaces were just as chic carrying the natural materials through the entire space. I will be spending more time in Aspen in the months to come and hope to stay here again.  Any recommendations for other things to see/do while I'm there?


 



1 comment:

  1. The hotel is beautiful - I'd love to visit Aspen sometime

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...