Friday, April 20, 2012

Furniture Fridays

Hello and welcome to Furniture Fridays! I am so thrilled that we have the lovely Victoria from vmac+cheese here today to share her favorite piece of furniture. Victoria is the incredibly talented, inspiring and creative mind behind this wildly successful blog and is one of my favorite daily reads. With topics from interiors, cooking, fashion and design there is always something to inspire me. Thanks for stopping by and sharing this great piece with us! 

My favorite piece of furniture? Is this some kind of sick, cruel joke? After I got Anna's email asking me to participate in today's Furniture Friday column, I could think of a few pieces in my own home that would maybe make the cut, but let's be honest, it's always more fun to lust after gorgeous pieces that we wish we could call our own.

I hemmed and hawed over what item I most wanted. Was it a classic Milo Baughman chair? A Saarinen tulip table? Maybe a classic Eames rocker? All these fell under the heading of "DUH," so I kept holding out for something a little unexpected. Then, Jacquelyn (who's also been a guest of this column!) pinned this beauty on Pinterest and I KNEW this was my item. Hello, lover :


I sort of have a thing for interesting tables. Side tables, console tables, dining tables, desks, you name it. This one is a perfect example of why. Form, function, beauty, art, all rolled in to one. 


I'm such a pushover for clean lines, and this just does it for me. Want, want, want!
Table from here.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! what a piece of furniture ... made it immediately on my list of faves, too. Thanks Victoria for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is so nice, when it comes to furniture hope it can make a better place for dreams to come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this company. You can design your own furniture online, keep track of the price, and have it delivered in under 2 weeks. I was really impressed with the result.
    Radiator Covers

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...