Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spanish Serenity

As always I am so excited when my issue of AD arrives each month. I love flipping through the pages and finding new suppliers and inspiration on every turn.  This month had some really incredible spaces and ideas which I plan on sharing with all of you over the next few posts, and I thought I would start with the incredible house and studio of Spanish decorator Isabel Lopez-Quesada.   

In 2000 she discovered a recently closed wax factory and saw it's potential for conversion to her home and studio.  The property consists of an L-shaped building with a courtyard in the center. With large steel-framed doors that let light flood in, and a predominantly white wall palette, Lopez-Quesada has converted this old factory into a beautiful design statement.  Her choice of furnishings and art is interesting with a well-executed mix of old and new with textured and smooth. There is calmness about this space that I truly admire and could picture escaping from the bustle of Madrid to the tranquility of the leafy courtyard.






All Photos Courtesy of Architectural Digest

4 comments:

  1. I truly admire this lady's taste. Her home is the epitome of sophistication...and the courtyard is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to her :-) She is a very talented designer. Loved the photo spread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all her saturated color! Good find, Anna!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...