Saturday, February 11, 2012

Quintessentially New York


Last Friday we had drinks and dinner with some friends and the bar we went to was so interesting I couldn't leave it off my Quintessential series.  We found ourselves at Smith & Mills a bar the size of my pocket on North Moore in Tribeca.  The bar has no signage and is as close to unnoticeable from the outside as one can get, but the dark, hipster atmosphere inside felt like a real corner of New York.  It was very busy to say the least, but if you are fortunate enough to get a table the oysters looked yummy and they make the best Dark 'n Stormy I have ever had.  This is for sure a place we will be back to enjoy again and again! 



On a side note as mentioned in my post here I signed up for an Alt Channel Class on 'Expanding my Readership' and it was fantastic.  The class was taught by Nicole author of Making it Lovely, and she really had great advice and experience to lend.  There was fantastic chat going on with all those participating in the class and as a result there have been a lot of connections with fellow bloggers.  I will for sure be registering for a second class and will keep you all updated on which one - perhaps we can take it together?

1 comment:

  1. ALWAYS looking for good NYC recommendations! Luckily I travel there about twice a year. It is SUCH the inspiring city. I will definitely go the Smith and Mills next time around.

    Wasn't that Alt class great? I am taking a few more this month. I did go to Alt this year and the classes have good info PLUS they keep the community vibe going...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome - I read each and every one of them and love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
Thank you for taking the time to visit Canoe Design and I look forward to hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...